Goals of the grants
- To assist medical physicists from developing countries in the SEAFOMP region to attend and present their work at the IUPESM WORLD CONGRESS ON MEDICAL PHYSICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING (IUPESM WC2022)
- To foster international co-operation in the field of medical physics not only between SEAFOMP member countries, but also between medical physicists around the world.
There are ten (10) Travel Awards with US$ 150 for each successful applicant from within SEAFOMP countries.
- The applicant shall be a young medical physicist (including medical physics students) currently practicing in a SEAFOMP member country; and
- The applications shall be verified and endorsed by the respective SEAFOMP member organizations (this condition may be exempted for applicants from countries where medical physics organizations do not exist); and
- The applicant shall submit at least one abstract accepted for presentation at the IUPESM WORLD CONGRESS ON MEDICAL PHYSICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING (IUPESM WC2022); and
- The awardee shall register and attend the Congress in person (Awards will be presented and payment will be made at the Congress closing ceremony); and
- The awardee shall submit a short report by July 31, 2022 to the SEAFOMP Secretary-General (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the awardee’s Medical Physics Association/Society on what was learnt at the Congress and how he/she intends to apply that in his/her own country.
Higher priority will be given to the following:
- Applicants from developing countries/areas.
- The level of responsibility in performing and/or supervising others to perform medical physics service.
- The value to the applicants in promoting medical physics in their institutions/countries in attending the congress.
- Applicants who have less opportunity of attending overseas training/conferences.
- Applicants who have not received any SEAFOMP travel award before.
- Applicants with higher quality abstracts
- Applicants should complete the application form given below.
- Complete application form must be sent by email to the SEAFOMP Award and Honor Committee (email@example.com) on or before
14 February, 202228 February 2022.
- Applications received shall be considered by the Awards & Honors Committee, whose decision shall be final. Applicants should provide in their applications all relevant information for assessment by the Committee.